Hello everyone!! Please read for some important updates! Lots of info…and more to come later!
1. CHOREO (Seize the Day) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSEUR2gZUFc
This is the link for a tutorial for the Monday’s choreography. Please have your child take time to learn it as best they can so that Monday is easier!
2. Bye Bye Birdie – Cast list will be posted today! It will be outside of my classroom this morning, as well as on the website later today. Please understand that this was NOT an easy process. The talent was amazing, but there are only so many principal roles. Students were placed where I feel they fit best for their ability as well as for my vision. I know students will get upset, but I just ask that they all rally together and support each other. Every student that auditioned and/or turned in a drama form will be able to take part in the show. I will not be allowing students to participate in the show until I receive a signed contract. (They are still on the website, bocamiddledrama.org)
3. A Night On Broadway – um…less than 2 weeks left!!! EEEK! The following rehearsals are mandatory, and I should have a parent contacting me with a legitimate reason for a his/her child missing. (This club also needs to take priority over other clubs at this point in time!)
Click for the online schedule HERE.
Monday October 30 – until 5:30
Thursday Nov 2 – until 5:30
SATURDAY NOV 4th 9am – 1pm
Mon Nov 6 until 5:30
Tue Nov 7 until 5:30
Wed Nov 8 until 5:30
**The Show is on Thursday November 9th at 6:30. Students should plan to stay after school to prepare. I will be ordering pizza. If a student cannot eat pizza, please provide them with something they can eat.
COSTUMING – If your child has a solo, they should either wear something that represents their character or wear something nice (no jeans, shorts, t-shirts, etc).
ALL STUDENTS NEED A BUTTON DOWN SHIRT FOR THE CLOSING NUMBER. It does not need to be brand new…it can even have stains or be 2 sizes too big! THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT STUDENTS CAN DO THE CHOREOGRAPHY IN WHAT THEY WEAR FOR THE SHOW!!!
4. PICK-UP – Just a little more help with trying to pick students up at 5:30…there has not been a single rehearsal yet where all students are picked up before 6pm…
5. Make-up and more – Make-up is essential for stage performance. I will be trying to build up a bit of a supply, but please consider purchasing the following items:
- Eye Shadow, Eye Liner
These are the basics, and most things are inexpensive…even can be found at Dollar Tree! A more comprehensive and detailed list will be provided for Bye Bye Birdie once we know our needs.
Again, thank you for your continued support with this program!
Mr. Joshua Tay
Electives Dept. Instructional Leader
Chorus and Drama Director
SAFE (Student Alliance For Equality) Advisor – GSA
Boca Raton Community Middle School
“Where words fail, music speaks.”
― Hans Christian Andersen